Spotify Mobile can stream over WiFi or 2.5G/3G to play music through your mobile phone. Make sure you have a fixed price plan for accessing the internet from your phone, otherwise you may be charged extra. Be sure to check with your mobile operator.
With Spotify Mobile, you can store your playlists in offline mode, meaning they are available even if you’re not connected to the internet. So should you have a poor connection, or be abroad and subject to expensive data transfer prices, this feature will come in extremely handy.
When you select a playlist as offline, the tracks will be stored on your mobile device. The larger the disc space you have, the more music you can make available offline. Your Spotify Premium account gives you access to the offline mode for up to three devices (mobile phones or computers), that may store as many as 3,333 tracks each. You can listen to these playlists without switching back online for a maximum of 30 days, wherever you are.
On Spotify Mobile, it’s possible to force offline mode. You can use this feature to stop Spotify connecting to the internet, a handy feature if you wish to extend the length of the battery life or decrease the amount of data transfer.
Here are some key features of "Spotify Mobile (Windows Mobile)":
- Search, browse and play millions of tracks
- Stream over WiFi or 2.5/3G - All your existing playlists are available
- Offline playlists - Play your music without an internet connection
- On-the-fly sync - Every track you add to a playlist appears on mobile and computer
- What’s New tab
- Wirelessly sync your local files to your phone
- Starred tracks - tag all your favourites into a special list