SunVox is a small, fast and powerful music sequencer with modular synthesizers. It is a tool for those people who want to compose music anywhere.
Here are some key features of "SunVox (Palm OS/Windows Mobile/Maemo/Meego)":
· Modular interface.
· Highly optimized synth algorithms.
· Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on various devices. For example: PDA with slow CPU - 16bit sound (fixed point arithmetic); or big PC with powerful CPU: 32bit sound (floating point arithmetic).
· Export to WAV.
· FM synthesizer;
· Generator (saw,triangle,square,noise waveforms);
· Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI);
· SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for analog-like pads);
· Stereo Delay;
· Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
· Vocal Filter;
· Reverb (with DC Blocking Filter).
· Windows, Linux, PalmOS, WindowsCE (Windows Mobile), Maemo, Meego
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· for Android users: if your display flickers sometimes, put option_glnoretain.txt file (with any content) to the following directory: device SD card/Android/data/nightradio.sunvox/files/;
· now XM and MOD files (formats of old trackers) can be loaded without the converter, through the Main Menu -> Load Song; you can find hundreds of these files on this site: modarchive.org;
· extended list of effects for XM/MOD to SunVox conversion;
· new std. pattern effect 30 - use it to stop playing the song;
· new controller in the Reverb module - "All-pass filter"; use it to enable/disable output all-pass filter;
· new controller in the Reverb module - "Room size";
· added autorepeat mode for the following buttons: HLD (clear current note), OFF (insert Note OFF), INS (insert), BCK (backspace);
· added eight layers for the modules; for example you can place some complicated drum chain on the first layer, and all other synths - on the second layer; layers can be visible together or separately;
· new function "Scale" in the Module menu: use it if you want a smaller or bigger module size for the current project;
· changing the size of the modules by mouse wheel (scroll wheel);
· new module - WaveShaper;
· new module - MetaModule; with this module you can include some external .sunvox song to your project and use this song as synth or effect; Not available for PalmOS;
· new options in the Preferences->Recording: Pattern fit to grid, Note quantization, Controller quantization;
· new option in the Preferences->MIDI: Ignore velocity;
· new option in the Preferences->Audio Ouput: Audio buffer size;
· empty parameter of the vibrato effect 04 is now treated as "use previous parameter value"; works only for songs created in SunVox 1.7.2 and higher;
· new option "Smooth frequency change" in the Analog Generator; enabled by default; disable it if you want to use arpeggio effect 08;
· velocity map in the MultiSynth module;
· improved CPU Usage Monitor with scrolling and module selection;
· maximum number of pattern tracks has been increased from 8 to 16;
· maximum Echo delay length increased to 4 seconds (except for PalmOS, where still the maximum is 1 second);
· new controller in the Echo module - "Delay units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
· new controller in the Filter module - "LFO frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
· new controller in the Flanger module - "Vibrato speed units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
· new controller in the LFO module - "Frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
· new controller in the Vibrato module - "Frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
· new controller in the Vibrato module - "Set phase";
· new simple examples: MIDI_out, waveshaper, velocity_map, reverb2, reverb3;
· new instrument in instruments/bass directory: analog_bass;
· new instrument in instruments/pads directory: synth_violin;
· new instruments in instruments/keyboard directory: piano14, piano15, space, space2;
· new instruments in instruments/various directory: electric_guitar, noise_slide_up, electro_drum_loop;
· keyboard instruments piano04.wav, piano05.wav has been replaced by piano04.sunsynth, piano05.sunsynth;
· sound engine optimization;
· many bugs fixed.