Abiro Jitter (Java Twitter) is an easy-to-use and fully-featured Twitter client for mobile phones.
Benefits compared to using SMS to communicate with Twitter:
* Less expensive than SMS (and especially so if you have a flatrate subscription), as information is sent over the data connection
* Notifications don't fill up your SMS Inbox
* Support for more languages (actually any, provided the phone supports them)
* More functionality, e.g. listing of timelines and users, as well as direct messages
* More responsive
Jitter communicates directly with the Twitter server, increasing performance and reliability.
Configure: Enter Setup for username and password, and whether you want to see your own messages in timelines. Perform Save.
Send an update: Enter a message and perform Update.
List messages or users: Perform Friends/Public/User Timeline, Direct Messages, Friends, Followers or Featured.
Send a direct message: Enter a message and select Send Direct. Then enter a username, or select from the list of users, and select Send.
That's all there's to it. Have fun!
Regarding username and password:
* Please register at twitter.com if you don't already have a Twitter account.
* Both are case sensitive.
* They are saved between sessions, so you don't need to enter them again.
Regarding symbol sets:
* Jitter supports all languages, but your phone needs to support fonts that include local characters and symbols.
· MIDP 1.0, CLDC 1.0