Pocket RTA is a highly portable real-time spectrum analyser for your PC and Pocket PC.
PocketRTA has many advanced features which are normally only found in much more expensive sound analysis software, providing fast and accurate spectrum analysis suitable for both amateur hi-fi enthusiasts and professional A/V engineers. Uses include system calibration, monitoring of noise levels and testing of audio equipment.
PocketRTA samples sounds picked up by the built-in microphone on the Pocket PC or the input of your PC's sound card and then applies a Fourier Transform to the samples to obtain a frequency spectrum. The result is an accurate representation of the sampled sound broken down into its frequency components.
PocketRTA gives total control over input sample rate and FFT length, so you can tailor the display to your needs. Sample rates up to 44Khz allow frequencies of up to 22Khz to be measured. Various display modes include, linear narrow band, logarithmic narrow band, Octave, 1/3 Octave, 1/6 Octave, Sample, SPL and Spectrogram displays with ANSI A and C weighting curves. PocketRTA allows real-time magnification (up to 250 times) of a selected frequency range. The touch screen allows selection of the nearest FFT point giving a display of it's frequency and decibel level. Up to 64 times averaging and variable decay settings allow more stable readings for fluctuating or unstable input signals whilst our unique noise cancellation system allows you to remove unwanted background noise.
Here are some key features of "Pocket RTA":
· 44Khz sampling allowing signals up to 22Khz to be measured.
· Dual Channel FFT display (PC version only).
· Definable FFT size and sample frequency (Pocket PC only).
· Single channel spectrograph
· Standard ANSI/IEC A and C weighting curves.
· Automatic noise cancellation.
· Automatic peak note / frequency and octave display.
· Narrow band Linear and Logarithmic scalable displays.
· Octave, 1/3 octave and 1/6 octave displays.
· SPL (Sound Pressure Level) display.
· 250x zoom for accurate analysis of narrow band data.
· Internal Signal Generator
· Touch screen plotting of nearest point with frequency and decibel readout.
· Up to 64x averaging and smoothing to help stabilize the display.
· Peak trace facility for better reading of fluctuating frequencies.
· Selectable signal decay speeds.
· Selectable signal gain control.
· Pause facility freezes the live trace to aid analysis of data.
· Windows Mobile 2000, Windows Mobile 2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 6