This application gives you a snapshot of the US economy (and also for individual states) by providing the latest key economic indicators and tracking the history of these indicators across the past few months, years and decades.
The app requires internet connectivity, but previously downloaded/viewed (saved) data can be viewed in offline mode without an internet connection.
This product uses the FRED API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. It is not endorsed or certified by any government entity. The Federal Reserve is a US federal government entity and it is the central banking system of the United States. FRED refers to Federal Reserve Economic Data.
Here are some key features of "Economy for iPhone":
· Latest values of key US economic indicators (GDP, Employment, Housing, Manufacturing, Inflation, Trade Deficit, weekly updates of Canadian,Mexican currency exchange rates , M2 Money stock, etc.) published by the US Federal Reserve.
· Graphs to track economic indicators across many different time ranges (e.g. 1 year, 3 years, ...,40 years etc.)
· Graphs that track the values of economic indicators across Democratic and Republican presidencies and across Recession periods over the past several decades.
· All indicators updated soon after the govt numbers are published. (Most indicators updated monthly, others quarterly, annually, daily or weekly)
· Help/Descriptions for most economic indicators.
· Twitter support to auto-generate economic tweet text (and post the tweet with the tap of a button). The app uses OAuth login for privacy and security (#cEconomy hashtag)
· Five state-specific economic indicators (such as unemployment rate, GDP etc.) for each one of the 50 US states and D.C. (total of 255 state-specific indicators). Complete list of indicators displayed by the app is on CascadeSoft.net/EconomyList.aspx.
· Data-value transformations (graphs can be charted on interesting y-axis transformations (e.g. continuously compounded annual rate of change, natural log, change from previous year etc.)
· iOS 3.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Thousands of new economic indicators for a total of around 45,000 economic indicators (primary focus continues to be the US, but the app also includes a few indicators each from more than a 100 other countries).
· A powerful search engine that makes it easy to use partial (or full) keywords to search through the 45,000 economic indicators provided by the app.
· This upgrade also includes a large number of other small features