PhatNotes for Outlook is the special version of the award-winning notes organizer for Windows Mobile based devices that allows synchronization directly with Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later. You can create notes providing them with category, subject, creation and modification date, which helps to find required information quickly and easily. With PhatNotes you can search for specific text in a specific field and sort notes by category, date, or subject. Interface to the Contacts Database enables you to pick an e-mail address instead of typing it in. While context analyzer allows to open URLs, send emails, and dial phone numbers embedded in your notes with a single tap or a keystroke. PhatNotes uses a compressed database, saving limited storage space. The intuitive, easy user interface lets you start using the program within minutes.
The new version offers many new advanced features including file attachments, hyperlinks between notes, multiple notes database support with tree-like views, hierarchical notes organizer, integration with PhatPad, customizable views, user reminders, voice note attachments, context analyzer, Windows Vista support and more.
Here are some key features of "PhatNotes for Outlook (Pocket PC)":
· Organize your notes - by clicking on the column header buttons you can sort notes by creation date, modification date, subject and type.
· Compatibility - export and import notes as text files or transfer data to and from other applications using copy and paste.
· Efficiency - small size of the program and compressed database leaves plenty of storage space.
· Simple User Interface - intuitive user interface allows you to start using PhatNotes right away.
· Email capability - send email messages directly from the Note Editor by clicking on the Send Mail button.
· Customizable Views - provides a wide range of modifiable look and feel settings.
· Advanced Filters and Text Search - allows a user to search one or more notes databases for a specific text or a regular expression, and filter by text, creation, modification, authoring dates, color, and priority.
· ActiveSync support - allows synchronization of multiple notes databases with the desktop PC.
· Microsoft Outlook Support - allows to synchronize multiple Microsoft Outlook notes folders with the mobile device.
· Hierarchical Notes Organizer - allows a user to group notes by creation or modification dates, type, color, and priority.
· Hyperlinks between Notes - allows a user to create links and cross references notes.
· Customizable Context Analyzer - allows dialing phone numbers, opening URLs, and sending emails by clicking on a word that represents a phone number, a URL, or an email address.
· File Attachments - up to 32 files can be linked to a note.
· Database Tree View - optional database view provides easy access to multiple notes databases.
· Spell Checker - now includes PhatSpell Spell Checker with the English dictionary (dictionaries for other languages supported by PhatSpell can be downloaded from PhatWare web site free of charge).
· Today screen add-on - provides an easy access to PhatNotes application recently modified notes directly from the Pocket PC today screen.
· Authoring date - a new editable date field.
· Customizable Toolbars - choose from the selection of over 30 buttons.
· Desktop PC:
· Personal, Multimedia or portable computer with Pentium IV 500MHz or better processor.
· Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, or Windows Vista.
· Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later
· Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 or later for Windows XP or WMDC 6.1 or later for Windows Vista
· 30MB of free disk space for full installation, an additional 30MB required for temporary files during installation.
· 256 MB of memory minimum Super VGA, 16-bit color or better video adapter. Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.
· Pocket PC:
· Microsoft Windows Mobile based Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone Edition
· Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, or 6.1.
· Approximately 1.3MB of free storage space for full installation (PhatNotes application can be installed on the flash memory card, however notes databases must remain in the main memory).
· Additional storage space is required for notes database, depending on the size and quantity of notes entered into notes databases. We recommend you to have at least 100K of free storage space for notes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The new version allows sending SMS messages directly from the application and provides improved compatibility with the latest models of Windows Mobile phones. PhatNotes now allows users to either dial a telephone number embedded in a note or send a SMS to it. The software also enables users to send selected portion of a note via SMS.