Pocket Informant is an integrated calendaring and GTD-based tasks solution for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Our purpose is to fuse together best-of-class calendaring with best-of-class tasks into one great solution.
We have been carefully crafting each new version with exciting new features in each release...and there's still plenty more to come. Here are some of our top current features:
- Today, Month, Day, Week, Agenda, Task, and Search views
- Swipe between Months, Days, and Weeks
- Easily jump to any date in Day and Month views
- Timebars to show your free/busy time at a glance or show mini-text on the month cells instead
- Calendar Filtering: Filter tasks and events by one or more calendars
- Tags and Tag Filtering
- TextExpander support in most text fields
- Expanded detail view to see events and tasks on any day
- Phone Links in Notes
- Tasks integrated with the Calendar Views
- Task Grouping and QuickSearch/Insert
- Full Search of Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar items
- Send Appointment Meeting Requests
- Getting-Things-Done (GTD) management or Franklin Covey ABC/1-99 Prioritization of tasks
- Pre-made filters to quickly find active, due, undated, overdue, and completed tasks
- Today View to show your current appointments, tasks, meeting attendees and alatms
- Starring (flagging) tasks
- Highly customizable views
- Auto-sync will sync changes immediately up to the server and new items from the server sync down every 45 minutes (while PI is running or next time it runs)
- Syncs with Google Calendar and Toodledo.
- Direct to Outlook Sync. Requires WebIS Desktop Sync software (now available). Visit our http://tinyurl.com/yggbk2a for more details.
- Calendar Data is separate from the built-in Calendar
HOW DOES THIS DIFFER FROM OTHER TASK MANAGERS?
Proper task management is essential, but it’s only part of the picture.
Pocket Informant is a full featured PIM, so it lets you focus on everything you do in a day - not just your task list. We believe bringing your appointments and tasks together in one place is more efficient than working in isolated calendar and task management systems. Pocket Informant is designed to not force you into any one method of doing things - use our Task View as rigidly or freely as you want, using GTD principles, Franklin Covey, or your own system.
WHY DO I NEED THIS WHEN I HAVE A CALENDAR?
We love our iPhones, but we saw some untapped potential for a full-featured PIM. Pocket Informant fills that gap. To start with, we made navigation very natural - simply swipe between the months, or tap the month name to jump to a new date. For those of us who have several events in a day, we built a time bar so you can see how your day is blocked off at a glance. When looking at a day’s activities, we show you your appointments AND tasks together, and we give you nearly the entire screen to see them. We offer a convenient view to quickly see activities going on "today", and we built a great week view as well.
For years, these and numerous other features have made Pocket Informant a must-have application for school teachers, soccer moms, salesmen and executives alike.
If you are a user of Pocket Informant from another platform, be sure to note that while we have crafted the iPhone version from the same stock, it is a different application. Check our website to vote on your most desired features, and follow us on Twitter to provide feedback and see what we're up to – all from our website.
Localizations: English, German, and French.
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a regression with timezones from 2.63.