Call Log+ is intuitive and simple to use. Reliable synchronization between Call Log+ on the Treo 650 smartphone and Outlook Journal on the desktop happens behind the scenes and offers easy access to phone call and contact information at any time.
View the call log. The Call Log+ application on the Treo 650 smartphone reads and displays the built-in, carrier-specific call log database for incoming, outgoing and missed phone calls, including:
It's easy to take notes on the phone-even during a call! Record notes about past phone conversations for accurate reference later on.
Just select any call in Call Log+.
Tap the Note button to create or edit a note.
Call Log+ automatically attaches the note to that call record.
Taking notes while on a call is simple. There are three ways to do this:
1. Upon installation, Call Log+ asks you if you want to map the small side button on the phone to Call Log+. Choose Yes. Then, while on a call, press and hold that button to start a note for that call.
2. Assign Call Log+ to a Phone Favorites button, so you can open Call Log+ directly from the Phone application while you are talking.
3. Go to the Home screen and launch Call Log+ by choosing or tapping on the Call Log+ icon. From the View screen, select the current phone call and choose Note to start taking notes about that call.
Synchronize and track calls in Outlook. One-button synchronization of Call Log+ with Outlook Journal gives you a record on the desktop of the dates and times of your interactions with contacts. So, you can easily use Outlook to track the hours spent on a particular account. Here's how it works:
The synchronization process creates or updates an Outlook Journal entry for each call and places the phone calls in a timeline view.
Each journal entry contains phone call details from the call log. So, now you can scan your Journal for past phone calls and pull up important details, including the note taken on the Treo 650 using Call Log+.
Call Log+ also links that Journal entry to the corresponding record in the Outlook Contacts folder. This is like creating a shortcut to that contact from the Journal entry.
The call then appears on that linked contact's Activities list, which is a list compiled by Outlook of all the items (contacts, calendar events, tasks, and other items tracked in Outlook) related to a contact.
No more logging phone calls manually. Great for customer relationship management (CRM) and for easy tracking of past phone conversations.
For more on how to use Outlook Journal to manage your daily activities, please see Staying Organized with the Outlook Journal from Que Publishing.
In order to use Call Log+ software, you must have:
Microsoft Outlook 2000 or higher
Windows 2000 or higher
Palm Desktop Software 4.1.4 or higher
At least 70 KB free memory on the handheld
2 MB disk space
Administrative Rights to the Local Machine must be granted to the user in order to install the software.
· Treo 755p, 700p, Treo 680, Treo 650
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Company Field: Call Log+ now fills in the Company field in each Outlook Journal record when linking to a contact. This allows you to group calls by company in Outlook.
· Global Find Navigation: When global find is used to open a call note on the handheld, the Done button opens the call details, so you know which call the note is associated with.