IMSDroid is the first fully featured open source SIP/IMS client for Android. It is also the only free Android SIP client which supports direct Video Calls.
3GPP IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) is the next generation network for delivering IP multimedia services. IMS is standardized by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP). IMS services could be used over any type of network, such as 3GPP LTE, GPRS, Wireless LAN, CDMA2000 or fixed line.
The current version of IMSDroid partially implements GSMA Rich Communication Suite release 3 and The One Voice profile V1.0.0 (LTE/4G, also known as GSMA VoLTE) specifications.
· Android 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Align with Doubango 870
· Adds support for ZeroVideoArtifacts (Options -> QoS/QoE)
· Improve interop with other WebRTC endpoints (mainly chrome and Firefox)
· Improve interop with other h264-rtp implementations (e.g. gstreamer, bria, cisco, polycom, lync...)
· Improve video perfs
· Re-design the video jitter buffer
· List of devices with opensl-es enabled: "galaxy nexus", "gt-i9100", "gt-s5570i", "xt890", "lg-p970"
· Many other bug fixes