GroupMe is the best way to chat with everyone you know. It's absolutely free, whether you are talking to a group of friends, or texting with one person. Best of all, it works on nearly every phone, via push or SMS. With GroupMe, it's easy to reach anyone, anytime, anywhere.
On GroupMe, you can catch up with your family, get a group together for a night out, coordinate with co-workers, or just gossip with a few of your closest friends. Think about it like your own private Twitter, just for the people you really know. Or like a faster, better reply-all email.
Now a part of the Skype family.
Connect the app just once, and we'll keep you up to date with notifications. No need to log in every day… it just works.
NOTE: SMS chat currently available in US only. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Here are some key features of "GroupMe for Windows Phone":
· Start groups with the people already in your contacts… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
· Whenever you or anyone else in the group sends a message, everyone receives it. The conversation starts instantly.
· The app uses your data connection by default, but when you have a poor connection, you can switch to receiving messages via SMS. You'll never miss a message!
· Chat online when you don't have your phone nearby at groupme.com
· Share photos inline—take them on-the-go or choose from ones you've already taken.
· Send a direct message to anyone who has the GroupMe app for free.
· Windows Phone 7.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New features for our Windows Phone 8 users:
· Custom tile sizes and badge counts
· Lock screen notifications
New features and improvements for all users:
· Load earlier messages in any group
· Mark all unread now works correctly
· Non-standard characters in a name are now supported