Nutshell is a powerful utility for creating self-expanding installers.
With Nutshell for Palm OS there is no longer any need to distribute multiple PRC and PDB files when distributing software. Just create a Nutshell self-expanding archive. After installing the single installer file on any Palm device, just tap it to automatically expand the archive. After the install process, the installer can automatically launch another program. Many other features are also included, such as the ability to generate an uninstaller.
Nutshell is the only solution in its class that is completely cross-platform. No need for Java, or desktop software. No Windows PC? Who cares? Macintosh and Linux users can install or create Nutshell archives too.
Nutshell is also an affordable installer solution. Similar tools cost up to $90.
Here are some key features of "Nutshell":
- Combine multiple files into one.
- Self-expanding installer.
- Compress files for over-the-air (OTA) delivery
- Auto-launches an app after install
- Auto-run after HotSync.
- Distribute just one file.
- Great for over-the-air content delivery.
- Installer will auto-delete after installing.
- Include Address and Datebook data.
- Ideal for distributing your apps built with: Satellite Forms, PDA Toolbox, CASL, NS Basic, AppForge, more.
- When a forced soft-reset is required, the sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify launch-code will now be sent before the reset alert dialog box is displayed. The installation process will no longer force a soft reset after installing a database that already exists in ROM.