This revised edition of the Oxford Dictionary of the Bible is the most authoritative, accessible, and up-to-date dictionary of the Bible available for Palm PDA. As well as providing helpful information about important places and personalities, it is particularly concerned to expound the themes and doctrines of the Bible and to indicate their status in the light of modern scholarship. With entries ranging from earthquakes and mice to feminism and the Dead Sea Scrolls, the dictionary is a lively and absorbing reference work for all readers of the Bible.
Here are some key features of "Oxford Dictionary of the Bible (Palm OS)":
· Over 2,000 entries from Adam to Zechariah
· Clear explanations of technical terms, methods of interpretation, and critical analysis, as well as notes on leading biblical scholars and their contributions
· Broad coverage includes the books of the Bible, people and places, customs, religions and worship, history, and theology
· More than 5,900 Cross References to verses from the Bible
· Takes into account the work of Christian scholars of all denominations and Jewish scholars
· New to this edition: This revised edition is fully updated, and features new entries on important figures and topics including: Augustine, Raymond Brown, chief priests, cynics, Marie Lagrange, liberal theology, Masoretes, Roman Catholic modernism, Presentation of Jesus, etc.
· Goes with DEPReader dictionary software program - a powerful dictionary reader providing instant lookup both from the lookup field and from the dictionary definitions; cross-references to dictionary entries and Bible verses denoted by blue and underlined font; various searches (phonetic, error tolerance, crossword search), maximal data accessibility.
· Bible verse pop-up from DEPReader.
· Palm OS 3.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New in DEPReader 4.17
· Support for Bilingual dictionaries
· Switching between dictionaries
· Automatic recognition of language
· Pop-up dictionary