Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs (iPhone/iPad) 5.0.3
The most practical reference to the idiomatic and verbal expressions of contemporary American English!
McGraw-Hill’s Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs covers the full breadth and scope of idiomatic American English, making it an invaluable resource for ESL students as well as writers, scholars, and public speakers.
- More than 24,000 entries and 27,000 senses, with concise definitions and at least one example sentence for each phrase so you become comfortable using idiomatic phrases, proverbial expressions, and clichés
- Guidance on the correct tone and social context so you know when and where not to use certain words and phrases
- A comprehensive Phrase-Finder index of more than 60,000 entries that lets you locate phrases by key words, including common particles in two-part verbs
Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs (iPhone/iPad)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access.
- Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad).