Pack of Oxford Dictionaries for mobile phones is a collection of monolingual and bilingual dictionaries and thesauruses containing high-quality dictionary databases from Oxford University Press working under the powerful SlovoEd application engine. This software pack consists of the universally recognized Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Concise Oxford Thesaurus and Oxford Russian Dictionary. Learn language, read English books in the original and spell correctly with the comprehensive Oxford dictionaries on your mobile phone!
The most popular world-famous dictionary. The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. Authoritative and up to date, this eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary contains over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, including 900 new words. It offers rich vocabulary coverage, with full treatment of World English, rare, historical, and archaic terms, as well as scientific and technical vocabulary, and provides hundreds of helpful notes on grammar and usage.
* The clearest, most accurate definitions, based on the largest language research program in the world
* Thousands of brand-new words and senses from Oxford's unrivalled new words research
* Word Histories give a fascinating insight into the history and development of hundreds of words
* 400 new notes on grammar and usage
Increase your wordpower. The thesaurus is the perfect tool to use to improve your writing style, whether you are composing a letter, essay or report, or writing creatively. It makes your writing more effective and also more interesting. It helps you to choose the right word for every occasion, and gives you new alternatives for tired old words. It is also great for finding the word on the tip of your tongue, or for word games. An Oxford thesaurus is excellent tool for anyone needing an up-to-date and comprehensive thesaurus of current English for study, work, or home.
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make what you write and say more interesting
* The perfect answer to all your writing needs
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
* Ideal for word games
The most comprehensive and up-to-date Russian dictionary. Offering a comprehensive look at both languages, it includes over 185,000 words and phrases and 290,000 translations. The dictionary provides exceptional coverage of regional Russian, British, and American dialects as well as of modern idioms and colloquial usage, with numerous illustrative examples. It also includes all common abbreviations and acronyms, such as DTP, ROM, AIDS, and others; helpful advice on difficult points of grammar; and pronunciation in the International Phonetic Alphabet for every English headword, an indispensable aid for Russian speakers. Unsurpassed in convenience and in comprehensive, reliable coverage, this new edition of The Oxford Russian Dictionary will be the first choice for students, teachers, translators, and anyone who needs to keep abreast of the Russian language as it is spoken.
* All the latest vocabulary from "hyperinflation" to "multimedia" and from "cash machine" to "electronic security system"
* Special emphasis is given to current idioms and colloquial usage with thousands of examples to illustrate their use
* The latest business, computing, and specialist vocabulary is included along with common abbreviations and acronyms
Here are some key features of "Pack of Oxford Dictionaries (Java)":
· Find the base forms of the translated word in any grammatical form by using the built-in morphology function. For example, if you translate plural nouns and adjectives, different verb forms and so on.
· Check the correct spelling of the word using the Variants of the word option. Choosing this option you are able to receive the nearest words to the translated word in alphabetical order. It helps you when you don't exactly know how to spell the word you want to find.
· Get quick access to last words you translated with the search method such as Search history. You will easily find last 20 words from the History at any time.
· Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using the cross-lookup feature between different related articles. Choose any unfamiliar word in the translated article and you will instantly receive its translation and definition just by pressing the button on your device.
· Enjoy Oxford dictionaries with convenient, friendly, specially designed for mobile dictionary user interface. Optional letter size and color markup are developed to set customer interface in accordance with your taste.
· Install and use several language packs on your device at the same time
· Java MIDP 2.0
· Internet connection.