Jones and Bartlett's 2010 Nurse's Drug Handbook gives you what today's nurses and nursing students need: accurate, concise, and reliable drug facts. This resource emphasizes the vital information you need to know before, during, and after drug administration.
* Important new drug entries in the main part of the resource and in the appendices
* New drug facts on hundreds of existing entries, including updated information on new indications and dosages, new incompatibilities and interactions, new adverse reactions, and new nursing considerations
* Accurate, timely facts on hundreds of drugs from abacavir sulfate to Zyvox.
* Hundreds of patient-teaching guidelines and suggestions
* Thoroughly updated appendices on insulin preparations, antiviral drugs, topical drugs, antihistamines, combination anti-hypertensive drugs, immunization schedules, interferons, ophthalmic drugs, and antineoplastic drugs
* Concise, consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
* No-nonsense writing style that speaks your language in terms you use everyday.
* Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names for quick reference.
It has all the information you need at your fingertips:
* Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule.
* Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information.
* Mechanism of action.
* Nursing considerations, including key patient-teaching points.
* Vital features include mechanism-of-action illustrations show how drugs at the cellular, tissue, or organ levels and dosage adjustments that help individualize care for elderly patients, patients with renal impairment, and other with special needs.
* Warnings and precautions that keep you informed and alert.
* Valuable essays and appendices include overview of pharmacology and principles of drug administration, drug formulas and calculations, charted appendices on ophthalmics, antihistamines, topicals, antineoplastics, interferons, insulins, vitamins, and others, and immunization schedules across the lifespan.