Guitar Trainer is a software for mobile devices that can help musicians learn the fretboard of their stringed instrument.
Guitar Trainer supports guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin in standard and alternate tunings. A training mode, a game mode, and a tuner are included.
Here are some key features of "Guitar Trainer":
· Learn the location of notes on the fretboard of a guitar or other stringed instrument.
· Supports a variety of standard and alternate string tunings: guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, mandolin.
· Training mode allows to focus learning on particular parts of the fretboard.
· Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty!
· Train your ear at the same time as you improve your working knowledge of the instrument.
· Left-handed and right-handed neck types.
· Tune your instrument with your cell phone. Open string tones can be produced for any of the supported tunings!
· Dynamic user interface that works on a wide variety of mobile devices.
· Support for pointer input (stylus, touch screen, etc).
· Available in English, French and German languages.
· A mobile device with a Java virtual machine supporting CLDC 1.1 and MIDP 2.0. BlackBerry smartphones are supported.
· Most devices on which you can play games will work.
· Only the first 7 frets can be used.
· The training mode can only be used for 3 minutes.
· The game mode is limited to the first 4 levels.
· No statistics and preferences are saved between sessions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added traditional and simplified Chinese translations, courtesy of Levis Jin.
· Rebranded the application.