At the teacher level, STEARsoft provides an electronic version of a class attendance register. It also provides features for making notes and recording incidents as well as student attendance. Full functionality is obtained from the web-based component of this product, but the software is designed to work in conjunction with a handheld Palm powered PDA for optimum performance.
Here are some key features of "STEARsoft (School Teachers Electronic Attendance Register software)":
· - Easy to use interactive graphical attendance sheets.
· - Efficient single-click and flood-fill features.
· - School wide daily attendance summaries and automatic analysis.
· - Fully flexible to match your day, week and term structures.
· - Flexible integration with existing school data using ODBC standard.
· - Wizard to import or create class lists manually.
· - Integrated classroom incident manager.
· - Palm Handheld integration including proprietary direct IP or IR
· - Powerful session-by-session attendance analysis with automatic message system.
· - School wide attendance statistics suitable for government returns.
· - Free trial limited to 200 attendance sessions (requires working email
· - £5 (GBP) per year per teacher for a full license (correct in February
· - Easy network deployment utilising a web based interface.
· - Can also be run stand-alone for single teacher use.
· ~400K of memory (depending on data size)
· Developed on a Zire 21: (grey-scale screen of normal resolution)
· - so SHOULD work on all palms more recent to this.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rationalised and updated User guide and hints.