MAME4droid is a version of iMAME4all (Jailbroken iPhone, iPad) for Android, all of them developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco), port of MAME 0.37b5 emulator by Nicola Salmoria and TEAM, and it is based on GP2X, WIZ MAME4ALL 2.5 by Franxis.
MAME4droid emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.37b5 plus some additional games from newer MAME versions.
This version emulates over 2000 different romsets.
Please, try to understand that that with that amount of games, some will run better than others and some might not even run with MAME4droid.
Owners of older devices should not expect good performance. Tips to help performance: use lower quality sound or switch it off, use 8 bit depth, underclock the CPU and Sound CPUs. Disable stick and buttons animations and disable smooth scaling also.
After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/roms folder.
MAME4droid uses only MAME4droid & iMAME4all uses only '0.37b5', 'GP2X, WIZ 0.37b11 mame romset'. Use "clrmame.dat" file included in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/ to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available at this URL: mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/
MAME4droid will never have "save states" since it is based on a MAME version that does not support it.
Here are some key features of "MAME4droid":
· Support for 2.1 and upper Android devices.
· Native support for Android Honeycomb tablets.
· Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) 2D Hardware Accelerated.
· HW Keys remapping.
· Touch Controller can be shown/hidden.
· Smooth image.
· Animated touch stick.
· 1 to 6 buttons optionally shown.
· Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate.
· Adjustable CPU, Audio clock.
· Android 2.1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new battery save option (hacks). Fixed some dialogs issues. Improve ICS support.