RunKeeper is a personal fitness assistant in your pocket. It allows you to easily track your outdoor activities, such as running, walking, cycling, hiking, biking and more, using the GPS embedded in your iPhone.
RunKeeper shows detailed statistics about your pace, distance, time and calories burned. In addition, the app includes a social part, allowing you to post your activity stats, fitness achievements and training plans to Facebook, Twitter and RunKeeper.
Here are some key features of "RunKeeper for iPhone":
· Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
· Listen and control your music during your workout.
· Measure your heart rate with many available sensors.
· Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
· Update your weight to keep calories burned accurate.
· Measure your performance over time.
· Let supporters watch LIVE maps of your workouts and races as you go (must subscribe to RunKeeper Elite).
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Totally overhauled social experience:
· Now you can follow your friends' activities and progress right in the app.
· Comment and Like friend's activities to show support.
· Dive deep into your friends activity stats, photos and maps.
Run Ranking and Comparisons:
· See how any run (or walk, or bike) stacks up against similar workouts on your activity summary.
· Compare the pace and elevation charts for any two activities.
· Note: Run Ranking and Comparison requires an elite subscription.