AlpineQuest turns your Android device into an off-road GPS using offline topo maps. It is a complete solution for all outdoor activities and sports, including hiking, running, trailing, hunting, sailing, geocaching and much more.
The app allows you to access and store locally a large range of online topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your Android device (with compass display), you will never get lost. You are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
You can save and retrieve landmarks, and share them with friends. Track your path, get advanced statistics and interactive graphics.
Here are some key features of "AlpineQuest":
· Display offline maps
· Display online maps
· Display map in layers
· Geolocation and compass
· Save and retrieve locations
· Save and share online locations
· Create and follow routes
· Built-in GPS tracker
· Statistics and Graphics on tracks
· Handle GPX/KML/LOC files
· Impact time-tagged landmarks by time
· Display QuickChart (.QCT) maps from Memory-Map
· Android 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Ability to quickly change the map opacities from the displayed maps and layers side panel;
· Ability to temporarily hide displayed landmarks using the check-box in the displayed landmarks side panel;
· Dynamic waypoints sorting (by name or distance) in the displayed landmarks side panel;
· Ask the user the action to perform when opening GPX/KML/KMZ files from another application;
· Bigger and higher quality compass view display;
· New bounds icons for displayed tracks;
· Few bug fixes.