AlpineQuest turns your Android device into an off-road GPS using offline topo maps.
The app allows you to access and store locally a large range of online topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your Android device (with compass display), you will never get lost. You are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
You can save and retrieve landmarks, and share them with friends. Track your path, get advanced statistics and interactive graphics.
- Display offline maps
- Display online maps
- Display map in layers
- Geolocation and compass
- Save and retrieve locations
- Save and share online locations
- Create and follow routes
- Built-in GPS tracker
- Statistics and Graphics on tracks
- Handle GPX/KML/LOC files
- Impact time-tagged landmarks by time
- Display QuickChart (.QCT) maps from Memory-Map
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Improved GPS location (auto source now uses both GPS and network);
- Improved compass (add pitch/roll level and reduce noises);
- Ability to export landmarks (sets, routes, areas, tracks) in GPX/KML files from the Landmarks Explorer;
- Ability to choose waypoint pictures from the device gallery;