Aspicore GSM Tracker turns your phone into a real-time AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) tracking device. Also for personal location tracking. See your track in real time on Google Earth or GpsGate.com!
Low data costs thanks to packet data and compact messages. Uses location data from a GPS or cell tower information.
The product is intended for fleet tracking or personal location tracking.
Would you like to...
* View the whereabouts of your entire fleet from your desktop?
* Know the closest vehicle or technician to the next job site?
* Access yesterday's detailed route history for every vehicle in your fleet?
With a system based on Aspicore GSM Tracker, you can!
What does the application do?
Cost-effective and efficient tool to track several mobile phones in a remote SQL database or in a buddy tracking website.
Aspicore GSM Tracker is an S60 application, which makes the smartphone into a real-time AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) tracking device.
The application determines the location with a Bluetooth GPS receiver and transmits the tracking data to a server in real-time through a cellular packet data connection. The data connection to the server is usually made via the Internet.
System description and purpose
Typically server stores the received tracking data into a SQL database. The data can be visualized with simple map software, (e.g. Google Maps for Enterprise, Google Earth) or it can be linked to a professional fleet management system or a mobile workforce management system.
Individual users can use Aspicore GSM Tracker for personal location tracking. They can e.g. automatically publish their current location and daily track on their web page.
Users can share their current location online with their buddies using the free GpsGate.com service provided by Franson Technology AB.
· Symbian S60 3rd/5th Edition
· Symbian Anna
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
DEFAULT SMS TEMPLATE CHANGED:
· The default SMS template has been changed. It contains now the text "I am here" and a link to Google Maps. This can be utilized with the ?loc SMS enquiry (see FAQ #58) and when sending GPS position with SMS (see FAQ #67).
BIGGER TRANSFER BUFFER FOR NMEA:
· The NMEA transfer buffer has been made bigger as a means to try to avoid "Location error Request error: -30371" with some Bluetooth GPS units.