CompeGPS Pocket Air description
This is the most practical and powerful tool to assist you in your flights, whatever aerial sport you practice.
This is the most practical and powerful tool to assist you in your flights, whatever aerial sport you practice. Install CompeGPS Pocket Air in your PDA and you will have the most important functions of CompeGPS Air available in any situation.
View maps, create waypoints, prepare routes and get oriented in the air knowing your position, direction to follow and all kind of navigation data (speed, altitude, vario, Altitude over Ground Level, etc.).
CompeGPS Pocket Air can open digital maps in ECW, RMAP, CDEM (elevation maps) and MPVF (vector maps). In addition to this, many more formats can be converted to this ones and sent to the PDA using the free Demo version on CompeGPS for PC.
CompeGPS is compatible with most of GPS models so you can obtain your actual position on the map or send/receive waypoints, routes or tracks.
The CompeGPS Pocket Air license can be acquired alone or with a CD which contains:
- Latest version of the program
- 3D landscape: CDEM from Alps (1:900.000 aprox. scale). Elevation maps just inform about ground altitude every 90 meters; without roads, towns, mountains, etc.
Here are some key features of "CompeGPS Pocket Air":
- Visualization of digital maps and landscapes (ECW, RMAP, MPVF, HMAP, CDEM)
- Actual position tracking
- Waypoints and route creation
- Information about multiple movement variables (vario, gliding ratio, bearing, collision distance, etc.).
- Alarm configuration in accordance with certain parameters (altitude, speed, etc.)
- Possibility to work with polars, obtaining the "speed to fly" on the actual conditions.
- Complete communication with your PC
- Compatibility with most of GPS and PDA models.
- GENERAL NEW FEATURES
- Technical improvements
- * Vector map drawing has been improved.
- * Delevant's GapiDraw (used in versions 2.5 and 2.6) is not used now because same speed has been achieved with CompeGPS functions. This way the program have a reduced size again and solves problems of some PDAs where 2.5 version didn't fit in.
- * When making more than 200% zoom in a map or landscape, the program blurs it instead of pixeling. This is very useful, mostly in landscapes, because shadowing looks much better.
- * Icons (e.g. waypoints) are now compressed in ZIP files, taking less space in the disk.
- Numbers and decimals
- Numeric expressions for some variables have been adapted to be more logical. For instance, altitude data doesn't include decimals, what wouln't have sense due to error margin of this data in GPS.
- MAPS NEW FEATURES
- Spain TOPO compatibility
- Since 2.7 version CompeGPS Pocket is compatible with new Spain's topographic map.
- 3D LANDSCAPE NEW FEATURES
- Compatible with n...