With GPSPins you can create custom GPS based pushpins for standalone use or with MS Pocket Streets. As a companion application to Pocket Streets, GPSPins provides access to pushpin latitude and longitude information and the ability to create pushpins for locations ( such as off-road waypoints ) that cannot be pinned through Pocket Streets. As a standalone application GPSPins can create pushpins directly from Bluetooth GPS devices or from importing popular waypoint file formats. With a mobile data plan, pushpins can also be mapped using Yahoo! Map's online mapping service.
- Scan for Bluetooth devices and auto configure GPS devices without Pocket Streets
- Create pushpins of a current location by continuous readings from a GPS device
- "Locate Me" feature reads live GPS coordinates and displays current location on map tiles downloaded live from Yahoo! Maps Web services
- Real-time movement tracking relative to any pushpin location
Rotating directional compass (requires GPS device)
Current heading indicator
Pushpin direction indicator
Pushpin travel time
Speed of travel
Here are some key features of "GPSPins":
· Manually create pushpins by entering latitude/longitude coordinates
· Change pushpin name or update location information
· Create new Pin files ( .PSP ) outside Pocket Streets
· Create pushpins by importing Geocache (.LOC) or Google Earth (.KML) files
· Export pushpins as Google Earth (.KML) files
· Send pushpins by Email or SMS
· Extract pushpins received via SMS and save as files (.SMS) for Importing
· View and zoom pushpin location on maps downloaded live from Yahoo! Maps Web services.
· Online map tiles are cached locally for quicker access.
· Windows Smartphone 2003 or 2003SE, Pocket Streets 2005 or Mobile data plan for Internet access