TMJ-Mobile is a Java mobile phone application that uses GPS data to provide a number of functions, including navigation, location tracking, map display and route plotting. It receives its location coordinates by communicating via Bluetooth with a separate GPS receiver, or via the phones internal GPS if supported. The phones built-in GPRS/3G/GSM data connection is then used to send its location over the internet to the TrackMyJourney website where you can then share your location and recorded tracks with your friends.
* Register an account with TrackMyJourney
* Download the TMJ-Mobile application to your phone
* Run the program and in the Main Menu>Settings page enter your TMJ Device Username and Password
* Use the Main Menu>GPS>Connect GPS function to search for and connect to your Bluetooth GPS device.
* Add some Waypoints to your TrackMyJourney account. On the phone use the Main Menu>Web>Update Waypoints function to download the Waypoints to the phone. These can then be used for navigation.
* On the phone use the Main Menu>Web>Enable Upload function to start sending your location back to the website.
* Invite your friends to view your progress via the Invitations page
* Check out the User Guide for further information.
- Customisable Vector Map colour schemes. Create new schemes via the website MY ACCOUNT/SETTINGS/Devices page, then use the Plan Page Menu/Vector Map Options/Colour Scheme to load it onto the phone. (Use Reload Current Map to refresh the list of available schemes on the phone)
- Customisable Text page screens, also set via the website Devices page above. The screen settings are downloaded to the phone the first time Enable Web is used after restarting TMJ.
- Extra GPS Log format - Raw CSV/TXT
- Fixed Timezone/DST bug when uploading tracks to website - it should now correctly take TZ and DST settings from phone (previously the DST setting was ignored)
- Fixed persistent bug that caused occasional freezing issue on the Plan and Map pages when using an Internal GPS
- plus many other small tweaks from the last few months...