Trapster is a free application that alerts you as you approach police speed traps, red light cameras or speed cameras. Also, it provides turn by turn directions, local search, and My Trips trip recorder all from within Trapster!
Here are some key features of "Trapster (iPhone)":
· World's most complete and up to date speed trap and camera database with 500,000 traps reported.
· Real time alerts for police radar/laser speed traps, mobile speed cameras, and checkpoints. These traps automatically expire because they are not permanent.
· Alerts for red light cameras, fixed speed cameras, and known speed trap locations.
· Virtual Radar dynamic alert area narrows and elongates based on your speed and direction of travel.
· As of iPhone 3.0, Trapster uses the native iPhone MapKit with Google maps for the best possible mapping experience on the iPhone.
· As you approach a reported trap a spoken voice alert will play, and on-screen icons will animate, according to the type of trap (for example "Live Police!").
· Report traps that you see by simply tapping the screen.
· Rate traps submitted by other users (agree/disagree).
· The system learns the credibility of users over time based on how many other users agree with the traps they report.
· "Push" notification starts the app via the Trapster real time live police report text messaging system.
· My Trips feature
· This feature broadens the scope of the app beyond speed traps, to a useful and fun travel tool.
· Record your trips, see them in the app, and on the Web.
· Share your trips with your friends and family. They can watch your progress in real time from any computer, or iPhone.
· Geo-tag your trip with photos and notes about interesting things you see.
· Privacy: Keep your trip totally private, share it with the world, or share it only with certain people you choose.
· Facebook and Twitter integration
· Now Trapster can post the traps you report, and the trips you record, directly to your Facebook wall or Twitter account. Uses Facebook Connect and Twitter OAuth so that you never need to give your private Facebook or Twitter account credentials to Trapster.
· iOS 4.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Performance upgrades and various bug fixes.