A Q3A port for PocketPcs. Supports 3D hardware acceleration of Intel 2700G chipset (Dell Axim).
We thought it would be fun to do it, so we ported the recenly-GPL-released Quake 3 Arena from iD Software to Windows CE 4.2 for Pocket PC, as a test for our 'SpeedDemon' Windows CE profiler. The game support the Intel 2700g chipset for hardware OpenGL-ES rendering, as well as software rendering.
CHECK the INSTALL.txt document for installation instructions.
· Pocket PC 2003 compatible handheld (ARM/XScale CPU)
· Intel 2700g if you want hardware acceleration
· 124MB of storage space (Will fit on 128MB SD cards, with effort)
· 40MB of available working memory (64 MB devices running PPC2003, 96MB running WM5)
· An installed copy of Quake 3 Arena on your PC, complete with all the upgrade patches
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Numerous bugfixes, including problems with shotgun crashing and sometimes not hitting
· No more hard resets. Memory autotuning has been significantly reworked, and no longer uses temporary files, which was causing storage memory problems, due to issues related to storage compression.
· Q3 zone memory manager completely recoded to use tighter algorithm, resulting in being able to play many levels without running out of memory due to fragmentation.
· Rocket marks cleaned up.
· Mostly works on Windows Mobile 5, but Axim x51v users are still out of luck until Dell fixes their memory issues. Rom update should be out sometime in the next week or two, hopefully. Until then, stick with PPC2003 if you can.
· Fixed memory leak with sound driver, and fixed problem causing sounds to drop out after a while of gameplay.
· Pakconvert script seems to be working better now for more people.