Did you ever imagine a game of chess could have fast-play, exciting and demand your full concentration? If not, then welcome to the world of Chicken Chess! Also known as Suicide-Chess and Anti-Chess, this is easy-to-learn and fun to play.
All pieces move according to conventional chess moves with White making the first move. The objective, however, is to get all your pieces captured by the opponent. It is mandatory to capture your opponent's piece in a move if you are in a position to do so. In case more than one piece can be captured, you may choose which capture to perform. There is no limit on the time per move.
The game ends in either of the following scenarios:
* A player gets all his or her pieces captured
* A player may have pieces left but is unable to move during his or her turn (stalemate). In this scenario, the "Stalemated" player wins
Keep in mind the following:
* The king is like any other piece. The game does not end if the king is captured and other pieces are left
* The special moves of Castling and en-passant of conventional chess are not allowed
* "Check" and "check-mate" have no meaning in this game
* Pawns can be upgraded in the same manner as conventional chess, when they reach the opposing end row. A pawn can be upgraded to any piece including a king. There is no restriction on the number of any pieces after upgrade
So take the plunge and discover the unique strategies for success at this variant of chess. Some food for thought - pieces that are valuable in conventional chess may not be so in Chicken Chess and vice versa!!! Remember - one false move and the whole game will slip away from you in a matter of seconds!!!
* Use the navigation keys or 2,4,6,8 to move the cursor around
* Press "Select" to select a piece to move. A blue border indicates that the piece has been selected
* Move the cursor to the destination and press "Move". If the move is valid then the piece will be moved
* To undo the selection of a piece, move the cursor back to the selected piece and press "Move". The blue border will disappear indicating that the piece is un-selected
* Press "Exit" to quit the game
* While playing against the phone, the phone will play with black pieces
* If a pawn reaches the opposite last row, all possible upgrade pieces are flashed one after the other. To select the upgrade piece, press select when the piece flashes
Here are some key features of "Chicken Chess":
· Choice of playing against human (on the same phone)
· 2 difficulty modes to play against the phone
· Turn off audio and game-tones
· Save a game and continue later
· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.0
· Trial Version: Game-play up to approx 90 seconds in each mode. Only 2-player and Beginner Modes. No option to Save game.