Sortout is a simple and enjoyable board game. The object is to bring together pieces with the same color.
Game Field is a square 6x6 without corner cells. At the beginning internal square 4x4 is randomly filled with different pieces. There can be 8 kinds of pieces, each of them has a different color.
You can move a piece to an empty cell. After this the old place of the moved piece will be filled by the next piece. Next piece is determined randomly before each move and can be seen to the right of the Game Field.
Bring together 3 or more pieces of the same kind (each piece of the group have to be vertically or horizontally adjacent with at least one other piece of the same group). After this happens, identical pieces are removed from Game Field. If a whole row or column of the internal square becomes empty it will be randomly filled with new pieces.
-1 point - a move to the side of Game Field;
3 points - a group of 3 identical pieces brought together;
5 points - a group of 4 identical pieces brought together;
8 points - a group of 5 identical pieces brought together;
12 points - a group of 6 identical pieces brought together;
There are 3 game types:
- Simple Game. Play without limits just for fun or practice.
- Time Limited Game. Check this option to play with the specified Time Limit. Best scores will be included in Best Scores table.
- Score Limited Game. Check this option to play with the specified Score Limit. Best times will be included in Best Times table.
Here are some key features of "Sortout (Pocket PC)":
· Supports both QVGA portrait and landscape orientation
· Three game types
· Best Scores table for each of four time limit values
· Best Times table for each of four score limit values
· Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In addition to 5-way navigation pad, now you can use keypad to play the game. Also some minor bugs fixed.