At last, an iPad game really devised with children in mind.
"My First Game” is an early-learning game entirely devised for children aged 3 to 6, which they can play either on their own or along with their parents.
"My First Game” offers a total of 12 different activities which are both fun and encourage learning. Many different skills are covered, such as recognizing shapes, writing, memory, music etc.
For example, children are presented with the following tasks:
- Forming numbers and letters of the alphabet
- Identifying animal sounds
- Finding the odd one out in a list of objects
- Putting together a puzzle
- Memorizing the position of cards
- Playing a tune on the piano
- And more
Each activity has different variations in order to constantly reawaken the child’s interest. The level of difficulty can be adapted to each age group.
The world of play comes alive and in colour. There are lots of animations and sound effects to highlight the child’s actions. Children are supported and guided all the time by Zaps, a sort of cartoon character. Zaps will take every opportunity to help children, congratulate them or show them where they have gone wrong, by speaking to them in person.
Zaps explains the purpose of each activity and how it works using explicit, visual tutorials that can be accessed at any time during the game, which is perfect for children who are still unable to read.
Children are rewarded for the progress they make during the game. Every time they successfully complete a series of activities, they can unlock a new picture to add to their collection. This offers them motivation and satisfaction.
Three different game modes are available:
- “My notebook” mode offers children a number of random activities.
- “My activities” mode allows them to choose one of twelve available activities which they can do.
- Finally, “My presents” mode gathers all the presents the children have won as they have progressed through the game.
Are you looking for a program specifically designed for children where they can learn and have fun at the same time? Look no further. Get them to try “My First Game” now.
· iOS 3.2 or later