Xwords implements the rules of Scrabble for Android devices. Supports multiple languages and multi-device play.
· Android OS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix crash when closing prefs window opened on top of open game
· Limit depth of zoom further
· Updated Catalan translation
· Reverse transposed colors in prefs; add background color pref
· Don't treat iso-8859-1 dictionaries as utf8. Should now open all dictionaries correctly, including those built with BYOD.
· Fix multi-device play to not crash when a dictionary was in use that wasn't plain ASCII. Prior to this multi-device games in Catalan and Spanish were not possible, but they are now.
· Make text in About dialog white for contrast.
· Get rid of ugly bitmaps for special chars (Spanish and Catalan), instead drawing the two or three letters like any other text but squishing them horizontally if required.
· Draw board at top of screen when zoom window is enabled so the zoom window won't steal events from tray.
· Improve preferences: add explanatory summaries to checkboxes and show current value as summary for advanced/text prefs
· Add default board size preference. Set this to other than 15x15 and new games you create will have a 13x13 or 11x11 board.
· Fix bug introduced with zoom changes where tile dragged across boundary between tray and board would sometimes get ghosted at the top.
· Clean up Game config screen (though it still needs work.) Remove the menu with its two items. Replace juggle with a button and get rid of "revert changes" altogether. There's already a dialog asking if you want to reset your game by committing changes and you can say "no". Remove "color tiles" setting since it duplicated a preference and was being ignored.
· Fix so you actually get that dialog.
· Get rid of "hide values" preference. Its function is to remove the values from tray tiles so the letters can be bigger, but all Android devices have large enough screens that this isn't required.
· Fix so Counts and values dialog shows actual dictionary name.