Boost Your grades with this comprehensive Quick Study Guide. You will use it from high school to college and beyond.
Table of Contents:
Stages of Writing: What is Rhetoric | Planning and Prewriting | Collaborating | Researching | Drafting | Editing | Reviewing | Revising | Publishing
Writing Applications: Analyzing Assignments | Description | Narration | Exposition | Evaluation | Argument
Advanced Topics: Writing in the Humanities | Writing in the Sciences | Writing in Business | Oral Presentations | Rhetorical Analysis | Annotated Bibliography | Citation
Grammar: Parts of Speech: Pronouns | Verbs | Adjectives | Adjectival Phrase | Adverbs | Conjunctions | Prepositions | Interjections | Parts of the Sentence | Types of Sentences | Active and Passive Voice
Punctuation: Commas | Semicolons | Colons | Apostrophes | Quotation Marks | Hyphens and Dashes | Parentheses | Capitalization
Common Errors: Know your patterns | Mixing up words that sound alike | When subjects and verbs don't agree | When pronouns and antecedents don't agree | Missing commas after introductory elements | Sentence fragments | Missing or misplaced apostrophes | Unnecessary tense shifts | Run-on or fused sentences | Comma Splice | Disruptive commas | Dangling, misplaced, and squinting modifiers | Logical Fallacies | Plagiarism
Here are some key features of "Rhetoric and Composition Quick Study Guide (Smartphone)":
- An essential guide for students struggling to improve their writing skills.
- Clear and concise explanations - no "textbook language" or jargon.
- Difficult concepts are explained in simple terms.
- Includes: writing samples, Writer's Handbook, best techniques for oral presentation, and many more topics.
- Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases.
- Add Bookmarks
- Text annotation and mark-up
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Use your down time to prepare for an exam.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Automatic synchronization between the handheld and the desktop PC. You could read half of the book on the handheld, then finish reading on the desktop. Annotations and drawings are also synchronized.
- FREE basic writing chapters in the trial version.