Headache is often due to build-up of stress and tension. Acupressure is an effective way to relieve painful sensation associated these conditions. This guide by Aaron Stein, PhD, is based on over 5,000 years of Chinese practice of self-acupressure.
How acupressure works:
Nobody knows how acupressure works. Very often pain is caused by a self-perpetuating mechanism: pain causes the mind to be attentive to pain, that, in turn cases more pain and even more attention, and so on.
Most likely acupressure works by interrupting this vicious circle. How does acupressure interrupt the cycle? Stimulation of active points is thought to lead to increased release of endorphins. Endorphin is a natural body painkiller. Endorphin and morphine are chemically different molecules but, by coincidence, they have very similar 3-dimensional shape. This similarity in shape allows morphine to bind the endorphin receptor and reduce pain.
Thus endorphin released by acupressure stimulation may lead to temporal reduction of mind's attention to pain, interruption of pain cycle, and following complete cessation of pain.
Here are some key features of "Headache Remedy (Series 60)":
- Practical and fully illustrated.
- Step-by-step guide to treatment of every condition.
- Every step explains point location, direction of force, and duration of massage.
- No previous experience necessary.
- It is not necessary to massage active points on your own, you can ask somebody else to massage points for you.
- Total treatment duration for most conditions is 10 to 15 minutes.
- The trial version is limited to 2 acupressure points.