The Vitamin K application provides information about foods and how they are rated for Vitamin K content. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat if you are using blood thinning medications such as Coumadin or Warfarin. The foods are rated from NO Vitamin K all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH in Vitamin K. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
- Black = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Vitamin K
- Dark Red = Rated VERY HIGH in Vitamin K
- Red = Rated HIGH in Vitamin K
- Orange = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Vitamin K
- Yellow = Rated MODERATE in Vitamin K
- Yellow-Green = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Vitamin K
- Green = Rated LOW in Vitamin K
- CYAN = Rated VERY LOW in Vitamin K
- WHITE = Rated NO Vitamin K
There are four tables listing foods:
- ALL FOODS
- Foods rated Low in Vitamin K (0.0 - 9.9 mcg)
- Foods rated Moderate in Vitamin K (10.0 - 24.9 mcg)
- Foods rated High in Vitamin K (25.0 - 1146.6 mcg)
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display additional information including, in some cases, a photograph of the item.
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Vitamin K Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 930 different foods included, searchable using approximately 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Fried" and "Fried Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds Copy Functionality ... 1) Copy single intake item to today; and 2) Copy entire day's intake items to today.