Onion Browser 1.5.4
Onion Browser is a Tor-capable web browser that lets you access the internet privately and anonymously
Note: 10% of the developer's sales proceeds will be donated to the Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, to support digital rights and online privacy. Onion Browser is open-source software.
- Internet access is tunneled through the Tor network.
- Ability to spoof HTTP User-Agent header.
- Ability to change cookie storage policy.
- "New Identity" button clears cookies, history, and cache and requests a new IP address in one quick step.
- Startup page contains a list of well-known, stable onion sites.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Tor updated to 0.2.4.23, containing several security fixes, incl some mitigation of the well-publicized RELAY_EARLY traffic confirmation attack.
- OpenSSL updated to 1.0.1i, with some security fixes (mostly affecting ways to crash apps which use OpenSSL).
- Internationalized domain names (IDNs) -- domain names with non-English characters -- can now be entered into the address bar. To prevent phishing, IDNs are converted to their plain-text "Punycode" version once you navigate to one of these websites. Reported by Barend Rijn.