K9 is an open-source email client with many features, such as search, push mail, multi-folder sync, flagging and refiling, signatures, bcc-self, configurable alerts and more. K9 is focused on making it easy to chew through large volumes of email.
· Android 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Automatic folder config for Yahoo!, Gmail, and other RFC6154 SPECIAL-USE-compliant servers
· Set the IMAP namespace for Gmail during auto-configuration
· Changed UI to allow selecting the empty IMAP namespace
· Set 'When I delete a message' to 'Delete from server' by default for IMAP on automatic setup like manual setup does
· Set default names for Archive and Spam on manual config like automatic setup does
· Added autoconfiguration settings for several providers
· Option to have confirmation on deleting starred messages
· Option to strip signature from quoted text in replies
· Extended setting to hide subject in notification area (never, when locked, always)
· Save settings changes "on pause" rather than "on back" so we actually save settings when a user hits home or menu or whatever
· Added font size setting for text input fields in the message composition screen
· Added a setting to disable marking messages as read on viewing
· Enable system zoom and disable gestures by default
· Add discard confirmation dialog when pressing back in message compose
· Option to now refuse to save drafts of messages marked as encrypted
· Added a button to switch the identity in the message composition screen
· Prompt user which email address to use when a contact with multiple email addresses was picked
Replying to mail:
· Fixed quoting of text/plain reply when sending text/html messages (builds plain reply separately instead of converting from the HTML)
· Forwarded messages always use the quoting style 'Header'
· You can now can have reply and signature before quote, reply and signature after quote, or reply before and signature after quote (setting reply after and signature before still corrects to both after)
· Convert quote characters in plain text messages to blockquotes in the HTML version. "Be like Thunderbird."
· Colorize quoted text that has been converted to HTML. Like Thunderbird, but optimized for mobile (no right margin quote bar, thinner left margin quote bar).
· Added 'From:' addresses on "reply all" even when 'Reply-To:' is set. Don't repeat address in 'To:' field if it's already included because it's the 'Reply-To:' address.
· Preserve header order (with the exception of duplicate headers like 'Received' they all show up where the first one did)
· Improved zooming/scrolling when viewing a message
· Added long-press popup menu to links in email message display
· Workaround to detect the charset from HTML mail without charset parameter on the header
· Added button to show unnamed and inline attachments
· Added batch buttons for 'Archive' and 'Move'. Made batch buttons configurable
· Remember the most recent sort setting in the message list
· Added a "sort by arrival" option
· Added widget to display the unread count for an account
· Added launcher shortcuts for special accounts/folders ("Unified Inbox" and "All messages")
· Fixed the parsing of response data for WebDAV requests
· Fall back to HELO command if the server doesn't know EHLO (SMTP)
· Improvements to mail sending timeout issues
· Yahoo! IMAP seems to no longer require 'ID ("GUID" "1")' over non-3G. See http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail for IMAP setup instructions.
· Support ACTION_SEND extras when handling ACTION_SENDTO. Too many applications get this wrong and rely on the undocumented behavior of the AOSP Email app and Gmail
Notable bug fixes:
· IMAP message UIDs are 32 bit unsigned values and cannot be stored in int, so we now parse them as long.
· Disable special screen reader mode on ICS. The default message view has special accessibility features already.
· Don't save to drafts if drafts folder is -NONE-
· Hide buttons & settings that don't do anything on POP3 accounts
· Delete attachment metadata and thumbnails when deleting attachments
· Reset unread/flagged count on "empty trash"
· Updated French translation (erkan2005)
· Updated Japanese translation
· Added Hebrew translation (elyashiv sabach - אלישיב סבח)
· Updated zh-rTW translation (Jeff117077)
· Updated Polish translation (Błażej Jeżewski)
· Added Greek translation (IGaviotis)
· Updated Turkish translation (wakeup)
· Added Danish translation (mittaa)
· Updated French and German translation (damor)
· Updated Russian translation (Dmitry Ashkadov)
· Added Ukrainian translation (Andriy Kopanytsia)
· Updated Spanish translation (AntonioGPS)
· Updated Chinese (zh-CN) translation (sunnavy)
· Updated Finnish translation (jkinnunen)
· Updated Italian translation (Votyer)
· Work around a bug in Android 4.x (?) when the system locale is Turkish