VReadEM is an email-to-speech service for BlackBerry that allows you to listen to the unopened messages in your BlackBerry mailboxes.
VReadEM performs the text-to-speech (TTS) conversion on the server side, and requires a good network connection in order to provide reliable service. VReadem does not rely on voice calls to deliver the audio and does not use your plan's voice minutes.
Currently, English is the only supported language. Messages written in other languages will not be read correctly.
VReadEM generates a significant amount of network traffic. It is recommended that you use VReadEM with an unlimited data plan. You are responsible for any data charges incurred while using VReadEM. Please note that additional data charges may apply when roaming on carriers other than your primary carrier (e.g. when traveling abroad), even if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Reads unopened messages in your inbox
- Marks read messages as opened
- Can operate in background
- Reads new messages as they arrive while the app is running (configurable; enabled by default)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- SMS text message support
- New settings to enable/disable email or SMS
- Improved startup performance
- Initial message queue size is limited to the 50 most recent unopened emails