mMail midlet is a useful email client for mobile Java (J2ME) devices supporting GPRS data transfer. It is able to send and receive simple plain-text email messages. HTML-based emails are converted on the server to plain-text. Images, scripts and attachments are cut.
Here are some key features of "mMail":
· POP3/SMTP mail server support
· email subject download for minimizing amount of data (email subject, sender, receivers and date of send)
· partial mail body download
· reading HTML-based messages (converted to plain-text)
· replying and forwarding emails
· attachments info
· comfortable address book
· offline email reading (emails are stored in phone memory)
· keep GPRS connection
· English, German and Polish language version
· support for many email accounts
· MIDP 1.0, CLDC 1.0
· 10 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· mMail 3 doesn't save downloaded messages automatically - the user can save each message separately - if he want to read it in the offline mode.
· Attachments conversion for some types of documents (MS Office, OpenOffice, PDF). The attachment will be converted on the server to the plain text and then shown in mMail. The content of attachment, like the body of email is downloaded in separated parts. The feature is still experimental, but it should work properly in most cases.
· Improved Motorola compatibility. On some devices it was impossible to compose a message because the text field didn't allow typing a text. The issue was solved.
· Changed the order of downloaded messages. mMail3 reads recent messages first.