Palringo is an award-winning rich messaging client which enables you to send text, voice or photo messages to your contacts for free no matter what social network they use.
Palringo lets you connect to all the popular instant messaging services. You can exchange text/photo/voice messages, update your status, and you will receive push notifications for messages while Palringo is not running.
- Facebook Chat
- Windows Live Messenger (MSN)
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- Yahoo! Messenger
- Google Talk
- iChat / MobileMe
Palringo quickly guides you through the effortless process of creating a Palringo account which connects all your chat services together, and this free account can also be used to take your chats and messaging services with you when you use Palringo on your PC or Mac, or on other your mobile phones.
Create a group for your hobby, family, or business - or join one of the existing tends of thousands of free chat groups created by the Palringo community, covering almost any subject in almost any language. We have active groups full of people interested in Apple news, soccer, movies, gaming, dating, photo sharing, travel and even iMob codes and clans! With the thousands of groups on our service we are sure you will find some you love.
With Palringo's unique patented location-sharing features, a single glance at your contact list shows up-to-date locations of your friends. You can see a map of a contact's whereabouts, or glance at the "nearby" section on your contact list to see who's around. Naturally, you have full control over who you choose to share your location with and this feature can be easily switched on or off to suit your privacy requirements.
Anyone can use Palringo for free, and advanced users have the option of purchasing "Palringo Premium", or upgrading their account to gain access to gain access to exclusive premium functionality such as:
- Gorgeous themes that match your taste, be it cute girly themes or hi-tech terminal designs.
- Visually see who you're talking too, with display pictures in contact lists, profiles, and chats.
- Rotate your device to inspect profiles, photos, and chats or to type using a larger keyboard.
- Optionally store conversations across all services, to never forget important details.
- Remain logged in and receive push alerts for 72 hours after closing the app.
- Password-protect your conversations, join more groups, and be the first to access new features.
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Changes:
· Added Leaderboard; see how you rate compared to your contacts / group contacts.
· Added Extended Group stats for Premium Groups.
· We have updated our terminology for group maturity ratings. In line with our Terms and Conditions, Groups can now only be set to "Listed" or "Unlisted" (this is the old "Ex-Directory" setting) as well as "Questionable" which is set by our Support Team if a group is under content review.
· Improved avatar loading times.
· Major internal changes to the Store.
· Purchase History is now separated into sections for easier viewing.
· Added Gift History to see what other people have bought for you.
· Updated photo editor with new tools.
· Improved loading time of Group Profile screens.
· Improved colour of admin actions & Staff badges on Dark theme.
· Changed connecting status bar style, as required by Apple.
· Updated translations.
· Fixed multiple crashes crash.
· Fixed chat message history related memory leak.
· Fixed chat notifications appearing on iPad even if the chat is visible.
· Fixed network activity spinner showing whenever a Group Profile screen is loaded.
· Fixed "far-past" purchase history expiry dates i.e. 1970.
· Group searches now return results in all languages