WhatsApp is a cross-platform messenger app for smartphones. It uses your existing internet connection to help you stay in touch with friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS/MMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages.
Here are some key features of "WhatsApp Messenger (iPhone)":
· Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
· Enjoy group chat with your friends and contacts.
· Chat with your friends in other countries if they have WhatsApp installed. Avoid international SMS costs.
· WhatsApp works just like SMS would work via phone numbers and it integrates with your the address book of your device.
· Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts.
· WhatsApp will save your messages offline and will retrieve them when network coverage is restored or device is turned back on.
· Contact Blocking, Share location, Custom notification sounds, Email chat history, Broadcast messages to many contacts at once.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fix multimedia sharing in iOS 4.3
· many bug fixes and crash fixes
· in iOS 6 open shared locations in native Maps app
· fix "All Media" navigation flow
· many other optimizations and improvements