The Election 2012 app from The New York Times is a one-stop destination for political news as it unfolds throughout the day. The application provides a continuously updated view of the latest developments, both from The Times – including The Caucus blog and FiveThirtyEight – and from sources around the Web. It also features a comprehensive collection of campaign data, with the latest poll numbers, candidate information and state-by-state updates. It’s the best election coverage anywhere, all in one app.
The app is free to download and includes free access to the top six news stories. Once you download the app, you can choose to subscribe and get full access to all features. Existing subscribers to NYTimes.com + Smartphone or All Digital Access can simply log in to get full access to this app as part of their existing subscription.
The app features an all-new Top News section, specifically designed for following the 2012 election on your phone:
· The section is anchored by The Times’s world-class political coverage but also includes content from around the Web, as chosen by Times editors.
· News is grouped by topic for a quick overview of the day’s political headlines.
· The latest stories are highlighted with a red dot so you can see what’s new at a glance.
The Election Guide includes:
· A database of polling results from a variety of organizations
· Candidate pages with updates, bios and statistics
· A primary calendar with in-depth information on each state
· Live election results
The app also offers:
· Editorials, Op-Eds and blog posts from The Times’s Opinion Pages
· Videos and slide shows from the campaign trail
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New push notification specifically targeted for Election App users
· Optimization for iOS 6 and iPhone 5