Tweets Aloud reads aloud your friends' tweets so that you can stay connected with everyone you're following anytime, anywhere. The app uses cutting-edge text-to-speech and speech-to-text technology, enabling you to listen hands-free to everything your friends post in a soothing voice and then speak your replies. Use Tweets Aloud to keep in touch with your friends while driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
Here are some key features of "Tweets Aloud":
· Read aloud your latest Twitter feed in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
· Dictate new tweets with Nuance-powered automatic speech recognition (same as Siri), complete with punctuation and editing
· Display each tweet on the screen, so that you can tap around to read tweets at random
· Automatically shift to reading only new incoming tweets for as long as you leave the app running
· Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPod
· Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
· Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
· Mute tweets from friends or "liked pages" that you prefer to skip
· Use standard Twitter login to connect with your friends
· Read as far back in time as you wish by tapping "Older tweets"
· iOS 3.2 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed app icon. Also fixed a bug whereby app might crash if Read Aloud Now tapped before logging into Twitter.