Twitli is a Twitter client for Android phones. Twitli is aimed at providing a maximum number of features while keeping the user interface easy to use. The number of buttons is limited: rather than putting "follow" and "direct message" buttons on the screen, Twitli gives access to these features by clicking a user name. After clicking a user name you can
* send an @reply
* send a DM
* view that users messages
* view their website
* view their profile
* see their full name
* stop following them
* change their language settings (if translation is on)
* view tweeps in your current friends timeline on a map
* follow users with one click
* show your timeline
* show @replies you received
* show DMs
* translate tweets
* update your Twitter location based on GPS
* update Twitter location based on other location services available in your phone
* switch on automatic refresh
* select number of tweets on your screen
* select number of DM's that should be displayed
* make a picture, upload to Flickr, tweet the picture
* use Laconi.ca instead of Twitter, or switch between the two.
Via the Android menu, there is a function "follow" that shows all user names that currently appear in the timeline shown. By clicking a name, you follow that person. This makes it extremely easy to follow people. Following people is what makes Twitter interesting.
The screen of a smartphone is small. That's why you want to use the space efficiently. Twitli shows pictures in landscape view, but doesn't in portrait view. Showing pictures takes space, so in portrait view you see more tweets on your screen.
Since version 1.2, Twitli supports updating your Twitter location based on the GPS in your phone. It shows the location in the timeline. Twitli already supported uploading pictures to your Google Photo account and tweet the resulting url, all in one action. Also, you can specify a back channel to use in your tweets, and you can retweet messages. In portrait view, you can choose whether you want to see pics or not - no pics leave space for more tweets. The number of tweets on the page can be set at any number from 3 to 200 - but please be aware of performance going down if Twitli has to reload 200 tweets every 3 minutes.
· Android OS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· view tweeps in your current friends timeline on a map