Wassdat (What's that?) is a new type of utility that enables you to search for internet-based information quickly and easily from your Palm OS device. It is primarily useful to devices such as the Treo 600 and Tungsten|C that have a dedicated wireless link available at any time. However it will work equally as well on devices that use other types of connectivity such as Bluetooth to a LAN-access point, or a Bluetooth-enabled phone.
There are a number of ways in which you can use Wassdat, and they are as follows:
1) Select some existing text on your device and invoke the Wassdat menu (through either the Auto menu option, or a key press), then select which site you want to search
2) Use the Create Site Icon option is Wassdat to create a new Launcher icon which when tapped will allow you to enter a search term and select the desired site to search
3) Use the Augment System Find option - which overrides the standard Palm OS Find dialog with a version that contains a popup list of sites. You can still access the normal Find operation by simply tapping the Local Find button.
4) Finally, use the Command Bar option to access the augmented Find facility - handy if you don't want to replace the system Find option
5) Use the included Findat application to invoke the augmented Find facility - this application is provided so you can assign a hard button to this app, or alternatively use a third-party launcher such as TealLaunch etc.
However you choose to use Wassdat (and it's totally up to you, including using multiple options), it's operation is basically the same. Wassdat takes a piece of text and passes it through to a web site, with the results being displayed in your browser of choice (check the Activation screen for the full list). The list of sites that Wasdat provides by default is simply a starting point - you are free to add your own at any time. It's probably worthwhile reading the supplied tutorial on creating Wassdat sites.
· Palm: Tungsten|T
· Palm OS 5.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Treo 650 support