Lazy8 Ledger is a free, open source program that provides all you need to do accounting for any business or personal use.
Lazy8 Ledger runs on most operating systems. You can enter any type of bookkeeping activity and break out the activities to any number of accounts. There are numerous standard reports that are the basis of accounting needs and then there are tools to make your own reports.
Furthermore, this program is 100% unicode compatible in all respects so you could change any texts that appear anywhere in this program to any language on this planet.
Currently this program is available only in English, Swedish and partially Estonian and Slovenian. Other languages should soon become available as more and more kind users will be using this program and sending their translations to the author.
Who needs Lazy8 Ledger?
This accounting program is designed for people who have experience in bookkeeping. If you don't have experience in bookkeeping then you need go to the bookstore and get yourself a very small and simple book on bookkeeping (double entry) or click here for a free tutorial. You also need to have an accountant make sure you are using this program properly.
This program is very powerful, but there are few safeguards. Therefore, it is easy to make mistakes that make your results wrong. Basically, this program is really for those who can do their accounting by hand but would rather have a program that will automate the process and even perform some of the more complex calculations that would normally be reserved for the accountant to do.
The simplicity of this program makes it perfect for the 'small office/home office' (SOHO) business environment. Although this program is used by and works perfect for larger businesses, most larger businesses need more functionality then this program offers.
Lazy8 Ledger's features
* General Ledger - Lazy8 Ledger is mainly categorized as a general ledger program.
* Multicompany - you can do bookkeeping for as many different companies as you want.
* Chart of accounts - you may enter your own chart of accounts and break out each account into different catagories for project or customer.
* 100% Unicode compatible - All fields can be set to any language.
* Operating system independent - Written in Java which means that any operating system that can run Suns Java 1.4, can run this program. That means most operating systems.
* Reports - Their is a print preview of all reports and all reports may be saved in PDF, Excel, HTML, CSV, or text format.
- Balance/result report - Summerized by assets, debts, incomes and expenditures.
- Transaction report - List of all transactions.
- Account summary report - Summary of each account.
- Chart of accounts report - List of all defined accounts.
- Customer/project report - List of all defined Customers/projects.
- EU BAS 2003 Result report - Summerized by several categories according to swedish law.
- EU BAS 2003 Balance report - Summerized by several categories according to swedish law.
- EU BAS 2003 VAT report - Somewhat limited yet fully functional. It may be customized to your needs.
- Tools to make your own report defintions - There is a user-friendly report generator and an SQL report generator.
* Financial analysis
- Bar charts, 3D bar charts, line graphs, pie charts.
- Show trends in any single account per day, week, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, half-year, yearly.
- Accounts may be grouped together in any combination in the trend graphs.
- Predefined groups for trends - profit, assets, debts, incomes, expenses ...
- Several periods may be compared. For example, last years profit may be compared to this years profit per month in a bar chart.
* Import/Export - Compatibility with other accounting systems
- All tables may be exported and imported in a 'Comma seperated variable' (CSV) format.
- All types of 'Standard import export' (SIE) formats are supported for import and export. This is a common standard in Sweden for accounting systems.
What Lazy8 Ledger is no:t
Lazy8 Ledger is designed to mainly support the 'small office/home office' (SOHO) businesses. Most SOHO businesses only use a general ledger for all their accounting needs. SOHO businesses dont usually have the time or resources to track with the computer 'accounts payable', 'accounts receivable', 'stock management', etc. Such needs are handled manually. Larger businesses who definately must have 'accounts payable', 'accounts receivable' and 'stock management' managed by the computer will have no use for Lazy8 Ledger. Also, Lazy8 Ledger cannot track multiple currencies. Only one currency per company is allowed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The transaction number began at 2 sometimes instead of 1. Fixed
· Really bad bug that did not update the accounttype table properly. Fixed
· At startup, the welcome window always showed up, even when it wasn't supposed to. Fixed
· Changed the version of jedit to 4.2 Final