iSub is an iPhone and iPod Touch client for the popular open source Subsonic music streaming software (subsonic.org). Stream your personal music collection from your home computer to your device regardless of format. Subsonic will automatically transcode most file formats, and can even lower the bitrate to save bandwidth. Now you can have your entire music collection available at your fingertips, no matter how large, complete with album art and track information. You can even skip through tracks.
Also, Subsonic has an awesome web interface for sharing your music with family and friends. Even use it to listen to all your music at work!
If you're not already using Subsonic to stream you music collection to the web, getting setup to use iSub is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Install Subsonic to your Mac, Windows, or Linux machine (headless linux servers supported as well) using the instructions found at subsonic.org
2. (optional) Setup a free dynamic IP service such as DynDNS (dyndns.com) or, for Subsonic project donors, use your *.subsonic.com address
3. Point iSub to the web address or IP address of your home computer and start listening!
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed crash in the cache albums view
· Fixed potential bug with disc number sorting in Cache tab
· Reverted a change to the default network timeout (should fix some random streaming issues people are having)
· Fixed search song table cell labels not stretching on rotation