Chop up beats with a flick of the wrist! Pitch any sample up and down like a Theremin! Use the iPhone's accelerometer to control Star6's powerful granular synthesis engine to change the Pitch, Speed, Gate, Sample Order, Sample Size and Randomness of the samples. Star6 is a fully featured, performance-grade sample instrument for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Here are some key features of "Star6":
· 6 sample pads: Use our preset sounds or easily upload your own AIFF or WAV loops.
· 7 awesome built-in sample packs with six samples each: BMORE, CARNIVAL, DRUM AND BASS, ELECTRO, GANG WAR, LAZERFLASH, and PSYCHE.
· Unique audio engine: Use granular synthesis to change the Pitch, Speed, Gate, Sample Order, Sample Size and Randomness of the samples, all using the accelerometer. You won't believe how far you can bend your sounds!
· Multi-touch accelerometer control: Change multiple synthesis settings at once by placing fingers on multiple pads and moving the device.
· 3 additional DSP effects: Even more power to morph your sounds. Add Delay, Filter and Distortion effects to the end of the audio-chain to further customize your sound.
· 2 audio modes: “Sync Mode” to keep your samples on the beat and “Grain Mode” for bizarre continuous tone and random effects.
· Record: Capture your audio output for listening again or further use in production.
· Easy Upload / Easy Download: Amazingly easy to upload samples and download recordings from your computer. You can even upload files in batches!
· Reverse: A single touch and your sample is playing backwards!
· Adjustable preferences for Pitch Steps and Grain Slide Time provide even more control over granular effects.
· BPM/Tempo: Uses granular synthesis to adjust the playback speed for all your samples from 1 - 303 BPM while preserving pitch.
· Auto save: Everything is saved, all the time.
· iOS 3.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Quantization, which keeps you on-beat when jumping between samples. You control when the jump occurs, anything from 1/16th of a beat to 4 full beats.
· The BPM control is right out front now and includes a scrubbing interface for rapid BPM changes up/down.
· You now have the option for BPM changes to either vary or maintain pitch.
· Reset / un-reset toggling, which allows you to jump back and forth between the original sample and your all-munged-up version.
· Major UI & usability improvements everywhere.
· Many smaller tweaks like tap-to-BPM, the ability to download and automatically install sample packs, and better sounding distortion effects.