Based on the best-selling book, National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, National Geographic Handheld Birds is a breakthrough in birding. It was the first North American multimedia software program to empower birders of all levels with easy-to-use interactive referencing capabilities. Fully integrated and completely user-friendly, National Geographic Handheld Birds instantly transforms your experience in the field into a vibrant, expertly-guided adventure.
Here are some key features of "National Geographic Birds: Field Guide to North America":
· Most complete data and highest quality images from National Geographic: Includes more than 1,600 bird images and 650 range maps from the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, plus other detailed bird information, such as family, features, plumage, similar species, habitat, conservation, voice, foraging and reproduction.
· Vibrant Sound: Nearly four hours of premium-quality birdsong and call playback from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology allows for listening enjoyment and assists with rapid identification in the field.
· Multiple Search Criteria: Search through 867 North American birds by: FIRST (First Name, Last Name), LAST (Last Name, First Name), TAX (Taxonomic Order), FAM (Family Order)
· Type-to-Find: Can’t find the bird you’re looking for, not a problem. Simply start typing the name of the bird in the search box and the list of birds will automatically update.
· Quick Comparison: Swiftly transition from one bird to the next to easily compare and contrast unique characteristics.
· iOS 5.0 or later
· Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· iCloud integration for Journal, Lists, and Quizzes
· Full-screen images
· Improved audio controls
· Improved processing and bug fixes