Offset4Poor helps you measure your carbon footprint from daily activities - driving, flying, waste, heating, and electricity. This app, also offers the choice to offset your emissions by paying for carbon saving work projects, such as tree planting and fuel-efficient stoves, among poor people in developing countries! Then, track your offset projects on reputable registries at any time.
Guided primarily by calculations from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Offset4Poor calculates your emissions and keeps a history of them for comparison purposes. Use the built-in GPS to automatically calculate your distances travelled while flying or driving with Push notifications to remind you to ‘end’ long trips.
Make a difference – either by tracking your emissions with this app and reducing your footprint and/or by offsetting through projects in poor countries. Your money goes to life changing projects that help the poor immediately and the environment.
Be the solution! An average American offsetting through this application for a year, can help around 4 poor families in developing countries get over their hunger gap by providing dignified employment opportunities.
Here are some key features of "Offset4Poor":
· Track emissions while driving, flying and at home – GPS Tracking, Push-Notifications & Preset Averages make it easy and accurate to track your emissions
· Emission History & Comparison – View your emissions by week, month, fortnight or quarter. Compare past and current months
· Offset my Carbon Footprint – Specify how much carbon you want to offset by selecting a date range.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a new menu "Use Average Values per year for a US household" to offset using national (USA) weekly, monthly or yearly averages.
· Added "Offset Now" button which allows the user a 1-click option to go to Paypal or GoogleCheckout mode.