SSH Tunnel is a SSH tunnel app for Android. With this app and a configured server (typically configured with sshd and nginx / squid), you can easily browse internet through a SSH tunnel on your Android devices.
1. To set proxy for the entire system or individual apps, you MUST ROOT YOUR DEVICES FIRST. For those ROMs without IPTABLES module, this app cannot work properly either.
2. To work with your private/public key, please store your key (only OpenSSH format, not putty) as the file /sdcard/sshtunnel/key
3. This App is DESIGNED ONLY FOR those guys blocked by Great Fire Wall in CHINA. If you'd like to get a GENERAL SSH CLIENT, please use ConnectBot.
4. There exists a DNS Proxy in SSH Tunnel to solve the DNS Pollution problem in China, which would try to fetch pre-defined HOSTS information from our web server. All these HOSTS files and source codes are open to public.
5. This project is published under the GNU General Public License v3.0.
· Android 1.6 or later for v1.5.3
· Android 2.1 or later for v1.7.0 beta
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FIX: compatibility issues on Android 4.2