GstarCAD MC is a CAD software developed based on the mobile platforms by Suzhou Gstarsoft Co., Ltd, with functions for viewing, creating, annotating, editing and sharing drawings directly on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
GstarCAD MC works with OCF files which can be converted from DWG and DXF files quickly, using GstarCAD for Windows running on desktop or laptop computers. The OCF format has been optimized to display CAD drawings accurately and quickly on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. OCF files are conveniently transferred from PCs to iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch through Apple’s iTunes software.
File operation functions: Open, New, Save, Delete, Edit, etc.
Drawing functions: Line, Polyline, Rectangle, Circle, Arc, Revcloud, Text, Sketch, Notation, etc.
Editing functions: Delete, Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Color, etc
Viewing functions: Full View, Full Screen, Setting Options
Auxiliary functions: Undo, Redo, Layout, Measure, Snap, Magnifier, Help, etc.
Conversion of DWG Drawing File
Following the procedure below to convert DWG drawings to OCF format:
1. Download the GstarCAD for Windows with OCF converter and install it on desktop or laptop computer.
2. Run GstarCAD with OCF converter to open the DWG drawings which are needed to be converted.
3. Type "WOCF" at command line and a dialog box named "Save As" pops out. Input file name and choose save path to convert and save the current drawing as OCF file.
Transferring of OCF File
After DWG files have been converted to OCF format on desktop or laptop computer,OCF files are needed to be transferred to iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch via Apple’s iTunes software, following the procedure below:
1. Connect iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch to the desktop or laptop computer via USB (Note: Apple’s iTunes software is required to be preinstalled on the computer)
2. Open or automatically open iTunes in the computer, select connected Apple device from the “Devices” on the left side of iTunes, then choose “Apps” on the upside of iTunes.
3. Scroll down the page to the “File Sharing” section, select GstarCAD MC from the left and transfer drawings by clicking the button “Add…” in the bottom-right.
· iOS 4.3 or later
· Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New modes of moving, support to move the drawings by single finger or double fingers.
· German, French and Japanese versions are added.
· Bug fixes.